Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From another message board - Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership
Jen W Wrote:Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership
Apr 16, 2013, 5:46 PM
BEWARE: Gold Crown Resorts Membership is a complete SCAM. You basically pay money (in our case $3K) to have access to unwanted properties that you could easily access through internet sites such as kayak or orbitz. There is a reason that they do not actually show you the site when they are selling the membership. Also, there is a reason why they do not take Amex, because Amex would help protect it's customers from this type of scheme. It is a bait and switch scam.

We bought the membership in December 2012 under false pretenses after a four hour timeshare presentation at Playa Grande/Promotora Cabo Pacifico. Later that day I tried to get a refund and I was told that I signed for no refunds so it was not possible. (However, when I heard from PROFECO they told me I legally had 5 working days to cancel the agreement, and this right cannot be waived per Mexican law.) Gold Crown Resorts also told me that they did not get the money, so I did not understand what we had actually paid for. It is an elaborate scheme to rip off people when they have their guards down while on vacation.

I felt so violated by this whole scam that I took pictures of their website and told them I would be starting a blog to share my thoughts on the website and membership. They threatened me, but ultimately froze my access to the site. They wanted me to sign another agreement with them stating I would not publicly distribute information from their site, which I would never sign. Since I did not have access to their site, I was unable to use the "service" that I was promised in the written agreement and therefore our credit card company was able to give us a refund.

It was a terrible experience, but a great lesson to learn. If something sounds too good to be true it is! If someone tells you that you have to sign "now or never" then there is a catch to that.

DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY FOR A GOLD CROWN RESORT MEMBERSHIP. IT IS WORTHLESS AND THE PEOPLE WHO SELL THE MEMBERSHIPS ARE SCUM.
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Any questions ........ LOL
Suicide Hot line, Pete here, please hold
Sheep have returned to the timeshare wolves of Baja Sur; only to be fleeced. The wolves are too hungry to mind their manners. Angel
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
There's a sucker born everyday